There isn’t enough good things you can say about meditation. People have been using it to improve their life for centuries. It’s not only about mental health, but it’s also about physical and emotional health. Since meditation is so helpful in so many ways, it carries over to helping you with your voice over business.
The Benefits of Meditation
To understand how meditation can help your voice over business, you must know what the benefits are to your mind, body, and soul.
- It can lower your stress levels.
- It can prevent the effects of aging.
- Meditation calms you, so you can feel less tired.
- It allows you to appreciate life much more.
- It grounds you and helps you connect with the world around you.
- It can make you feel happier with yourself and others.
- Meditation can improve your brain functioning.
- It can help you improve your sleep.
- Some people report that it helps them lose weight, and research finds that it can improve your metabolism.
- It can also increase your immune system functioning, which helps you fight diseases and illnesses.
- It can help with focus, concentration and attention span.
As you probably can already see, there are many benefits that can relate to your voice over work.
Meditation Benefits as a Voice Over Artist
Think about your work as a voice over artist. Many times, you have to connect yourself to the audience the work will be presented to, and to do that you must be in touch with not only yourself, but with those people. You have to remain calm, and find your inner peace. That way you have no distractions keeping you from realizing what you need to deliver.
That calmness that you need only comes from being in touch with yourself and the world around you. It comes from having a great night sleep and being healthy. Your best voice over work only comes from a place where there is no other worry to intrude upon your skills.
With your stress levels so low, you’re able to have that focus you need to perform. You can become that voice in every way possible, and do it for much longer than usual because of your improved attention span.
Doesn’t that all sound just perfect for your work? You could do more work and be better at it. This could send your business to new heights.
All you need now is to learn how to do it.
How to Get Started with Meditation
People meditate in many ways. The following are just some of the ways you can start meditating to experience its benefits.
- Sit quietly with your eyes closed in a quiet place. Listen to your breathes as you inhale and exhale. When a thought comes into your mind, hold it for a moment and then let it slip away. Do not worry or ruminate over it. Just let it go. Do this for 15 minutes and you’ll wake up feeling refreshed.
- Sit quietly with your eyes closed and play some soothing music. Listen to the sounds intently. Just allow your body to relax as the music plays. When your mind wanders, gently self-talk yourself back to the present moment in which you are listening to the music. Do this for 15 minutes. After a few days, try to increase the time.
- Sit outside and listen. Listen to the birds chirping, the nearby children playing, and any other sounds that are around you. Try to smell the flowers or other sweet smells of nature. This type of meditation helps you be mindful of the world around you, something that we all had as children but have lost with the busyness of life.
Try these out today. It may take a few days before you really experience the benefits of this type of exercise, but when you do, you’ll wish you had done it a long time ago.